Thursday, February 12, 2009

I can't believe I actually miss the van

Yesterday was supposed to be the day we got our van back after a week and a half in the shop to be repaired. When I hadn't heard from the shop by 1pm I was a little nervous so I gave them a call. Apparently they had to haggle with our insurance company and finally won out in getting them to pay for a new panel rather then repair the damaged one. Unfortunately, the delay means that we're looking at another few days without the van. Possibly 5 more days since they are guessing the van will be ready on Monday.

Since the Ford was out of commission in Portland on Monday David worked from home, and again on Tuesday since I needed the car to get to MOPS. And he worked home for the third day in a row on Wednesday because I needed to open Indoor Park and it was icky outside, plus we thought we would need to drive in to Salem to pick up the van.

At any rate, David is taking the car today and tomorrow in order to drive to work which leaves me carless again. Not a big deal today since we have nowhere we have to be. Tomorrow we'll probably walk to the Indoor Park Valentines Day party so long as it's not completely miserable outside.

I really never thought there would come a day where I miss having a minivan but I'm definitely missing it. The Ford is nice, I love to drive it, but I don't have the clicker thingy and I can only open the doors from the driver's door. I feel like I circle the car eight times before I get the car unlocked and everyone in car seats & buckled before getting myself in the car. Grace has also discovered that she can reach the exciting buttons that rolls down the windows and that she can kick the seat ahead of her to really annoy Mommy. Yes, I definitely miss the van.

And just because I'm stuck at home I tortured my children by taking photos of them outside in the cold. Grace lasted about 45 seconds but Ethan was wearing a hat and sweater so he was pretty mad when I brought him inside after two minutes. He wanted to keep running!





4 comments:

Aly sun said...

That last one is perfect. Just perfect. Your children are not only darling, but have great clothes too. So stylish.

Anonymous said...

If you guys end up needing a lift somewhere just let me know, I'm not far away.


-Brian

Cooking with Big E said...

Thanks for the offer Brian, but I can only imagine how much fun trying to put two car seats in the back of a Civic would be. Wouldn't that be a rodeo?!? Ha!

Anonymous said...

hey, we have done it before and that was quite the circus, I'm sure we can incorporate a second act if needed.