Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Very Own Little Mermaid


Last night was Grace's first swim lesson and she was sooooo excited for it. She wolfed down her dinner and changed into her swimsuit so quickly she was ready and waiting by the door before Ethan had even eaten four bites of his dinner! We got there a little early so Grace played in the toddler wading pool for 15 minutes before her instructor came over and called the Preschool 1 class names and the four little preschoolers went over to the steps of the therapy pool for their lesson.

The instructor took turns working with the kids individually. They practiced kicking their legs, moving their arms, floating on their backs, and also moved along the side of the pool and got to jump in. I was surprised that Grace put her nose in the water when asked to, though she later said she didn't like it. At least she did it!

David wasn't able to get there until after the lesson was over so I juggled Ethan on my lap and tried to snap some pictures from across the pool. The results are less then spectacular but not too bad considering the circumstances. I think it worked out that Grace didn't notice where I was for the first bit because when I put the camera away and moved closer to the action she immediately ran over and started begging for My Little Pony fruit snacks. I don't think so.

The class meets twice a week and Grace is already excited about going again tomorrow night. Hopefully David will be able to take her this time, though it was pretty fun to watch!

2 comments:

Natalie Whisler said...

Yay for swimming lessons! and she even has THE fishy suit. I love that suit. Juliana had it last year. Gabriella was too long torsoed to fit into the sizes it came in. Juliana may get it again this year if I can find one on ebay for cheapish.

Cooking with Big E said...

We missed it last year but I snagged a used one for cheap in 3T. Luckily it fits since I think that's as big as it came in! Grace LOVES her fishy swimsuit :)