Wednesday, February 11, 2009

World's Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

My Mom makes the absolute best peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies and I'm lucky enough to have the recipe for them. I made a batch today and they are soooooo good that I thought I'd be generous and share the recipe with you all. Be forewarned though, they melt in your mouth and you won't be able to stop at just one!

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c shortening
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
3 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 c peanut butter
dash of salt
1/2 bag of chocolate chips

Cream shortening, sugars, and vanilla together. Add eggs and beat. Stir in peanut butter and then add dry ingredients. Form into balls and press with fork. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

And just to add a picture to this post, here's Ethan eating his breakfast at the table for the very first time this morning. I installed his new booster seat last night for dinner and now he's eaten three meals at the table like a big boy. As you can see from the picture, he rather likes his new seat! Time to scrub down the high chair and list it on Craigslist. I'm excited to gain back some space in the kitchen!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

you need to join the Food Love blog! :)

jackie goddard said...

kellie, i am too tired and stressed. can you make some and then fly grace over to kowabunga me and wake me up so i can do homework? haha