Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cold

This week's Photography Assignment on the Digital Photography School forum is the subject "Cold". Luckily for me it happened to snow this morning....actually it's still snowing....but I digress. The point is that I ventured outside for about 60 seconds to snap some photos so that I could submit a "Cold" photo. Here's my favorite three, notice I seem to find black/white photos much more cold!

By the way, Grace has been asking to build a snowman but the light dusting of snow we've had so far isn't exactly snowman making material. The humongous flakes coming down right now look much more promising. Who knows, I may even get brave enough to try for a few more "Cold" photos. Or maybe not. I'd rather focus on something WARM!!!

First I focused on our stick of a tree in the backyard early this morning before MOPS. It looks freezing cold doesn't it? It's because it was. And I wasn't wearing a coat. Brrrrrrr!

I scooted indoors pretty quick since the lighting wasn't so great because the sun wasn't really up yet. So after MOPS I snapped a few pictures of the dead plants in my pots on the back patio. See, it's a good thing I didn't deal with them this fall now isn't it. If I had kept them alive you wouldn't have such a lovely photo to enjoy. Love the water droplets!

I ran out of interesting subjects within ten feet of my door so I focused on the cold looking snowy concrete. Not much colder then that. I even caught some snowflakes coming down.

So which should I submit? Which photo makes you feel COLD the most? Is it number 1? Number 2? Or Number 3?

1 comments:

jackie goddard said...

the tree branch definitely makes me the most cold! brrr