Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's Ethan up to?


I don't think I've posted about Ethan for awhile and the poor little guy is starting to neglected. That and I've noticed that I get a lot more comments when I post pictures of my kids as opposed to lovely photos of sticks and rocks. He's been busy getting over an ear infection and cold while at the same time teething. So yeah, he's been a little cranky. I think he's working on some molars finally which I think is exciting. Let's get those suckers in so he can eat a little easier! He's in sore need of a hair cut but with limited access to the car it hasn't happened yet. Maybe late this week or next week. Something really has to be done about those wings.

He's still really big into climbing on furniture, especially chairs. He really likes to climb all over them. The pictures I'm posting here are from yesterday when we were stuck at my Mom's house and he spent a good chunk of the morning playing on her dining room chairs. That was before he took an epic 3.5 hour nap.

Ethan doesn't really have very many words. He either says "na na" over and over or "waz tha" over and over. As far as I can interpret the words are banana and "what's that?" but since he says them over and over and for things that are not bananas I really can't say. He definitely has Momma and Dadda but nothing for Gracie. He jabbers and chirps in his own language and seems to think he's really talking. He pauses and waits for me to talk back to him so we have converstaions, I'm just not really sure what they're about.

He loves to do whatever Grace is doing and if he can't do it he will cry. He can't stand to be left out of things and as a result he likes to play with Snap n Style dolls and has been known to play dress up and absolutely LOVES to wear beaded necklaces. Of course not all of Grace's girliness is rubbing off on him. His favorite toy is definitely anything resembling a ball and he also turns pretty much anything into a hammer. He's definitely a boy, even if he is partial to shiny beaded necklaces.

He's doing better about being apart from me, though it's still much better if he doesn't see me leave. The last two MOPS meetings I was told he did a really good job not crying and playing with the toys. That's a relief! He does fine in the church nursery, but Grace is there with him which I think makes a difference. He also does fine when I leave on Monday nights for bible study. Seperation anxiety is definitely not fun, but at least I can't complain that my kids have stranger anxiety. Neither of them have ever shown one iota of shyness with strangers.

2 comments:

jackie goddard said...

aw i love his rockin hair right now!

Andrea said...

Laura seems to be right where he is too... talking her own language, climbing on everything, and has wings on the side of her head...
Cute pics! Loving your new lens still I see :)