Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why Everyone Needs a Swiffer


The very first Swiffer product I bought was way back in 2002 when I got the Swiffer Sweeper for our postage stamp apartment in Idaho. I don't know why I bothered since the linoleum kitchen floor was literally about 10 feet square at most. It was really faster and more expedient to just use a hand broom and washcloth to clean. I used the same Swiffer Sweeper in our larger apartment in Salem where it actually got used a bit more.

When we moved to our first house I upgraded to the Swiffer Sweeper Vac for our much larger kitchen/dining space and have absolutely loved it. It's probably my favorite cleaning tool because it makes my life so easy. It sucks up the dirt/cat hair/spilled coffee grounds without a fuss and makes my life easier. I don't freak out when Grace is "helping" me bake and spills a cup of flour on the floor because I know my Sweeper Vac will clean the mess up in no time at all.

Last year I got a coupon to buy the Swiffer Duster with Extendable Handle which has made cleaning the ceiling fans and tops of the bookcases so much easier. It really makes dusting a breeze.

One of my least favorite chores is mopping the kitchen floor because it feels like a losing battle. The muddy dog prints and spilled food just never seem to end. Sometimes the floor is messy again before I even finish cleaning it! Dragging out all the chairs/highchair/pet bowls/rugs takes forever and I'm exhausted by the time I finish putting it all back. For the last year or so I've been hand mopping it with old washclothes since it was just easier even if it wasn't very fun. Yesterday I gave in to temptation and purchased the Swiffer Wet Jet since it was on sale and I had a coupon for $5 off the starter kit. I have high hopes that this will end my days of hating to mop. I will let you know how it goes!

So for those who haven't tried the Swiffer products but are getting the urge after reading this post, check out the Swiffer website for a link to get coupons. You owe it to yourself.

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

I have an infatuation with cleaning products, so I am happy to hear your reviews. I have a swiffer that takes refills, but I bought the MAXX and apparently they don't make refills for it any more. I use a damp towel and stick it in the holes (I do this about once a year). I am looking forward to hear how you like the mop thing.