Tuesday, April 7, 2009

18 Months of Pure Joy


Ethan turned 18 months old today! Oh how I wish I could push the pause button on him because he's such an adorable baby and I keep seeing more and more flashes of little boy and I'm just not ready to give my baby up. He's perfect just the way he is :)

Here's a snapshot of what he's up to:

He weighs just under 21lbs according to my postal scale (have you ever tried to get a wriggling 18 month old to stand on one of those things?!?)
He's about 31" tall
He wears size 12-18 tops and 6-12 shorts and 12-18 overalls and pants with the waist rolled
He wears a size 4 shoe
He absolutely refuses to keep any hat on his head
He sleeps on his tummy most of the time
He still adores balls but is also starting to get into cars and makes the cutest car sounds
He also loves to play with baby dolls and put on jewelry
He's obsessed with toothbrushes and toothpaste
He's finally talking a little (see previous post about Baby Signs)
He smiles and laughs a lot
He eats pretty well and seems to change his mind on foods all the time. Some days he likes beans and others he doesn't.
He really likes shoes
He gives kisses and hugs
He follows his big sister everywhere she goes and wants to do everything she does
He loves to make raspberry noises still

I could go on and on because he's so much fun and definitely All Boy despite his love of flashy jewelry and silk capes. It's so much fun watching the differences between him and Grace and appreciating that boys can play with dolls in addition to more manly construction toys. He's pretty well rounded thanks to his sister's toys, but Grace has benefited from having a brother as well. She'll actually play with balls now (she still cringes when one is thrown towards her), and will play cars as well.

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

Happy 18 months! I love this age too. Beware, I am seeing more tantrums as each day leads us closer to 19 months.... I'm not ready. I love the baby side of toddlerdom.