Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Very Rare Sleeping Preschooler Photo!


Grace stopped taking naps sometime last fall. It didn't happen all at once, but was more of a gradual thing where she'd take them sometimes and not others. These days it's pretty rare that she takes a nap, even when she's pooped from playing outside and spends some time in a warm car (my previous No Fail Nap Recipe).

Last week the impossible happened and she fell asleep on the couch next to me while watching Oprah. No offense to Oprah I'm sure, but hot dog was I excited! I even pulled the camera out to snap a few pictures to record this momentous occasion. I'm pretty sure that while Grace has outgrown her interest in naps she hasn't quite outgrown her need for them. Or my need for them which is why Quiet Time has been introduced in our household.

Apparently lightning can strike twice because guess who's napping in the car right now after a late afternoon trip to the Post Office and dog groomers? That's right, Miss I Don't Want to Take a Nap. It must be a miracle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww! She is growing! That's when K naps.

Enjoy it!

~Mir

Anonymous said...

opa says she is in for a growth
spurt, time to buy new clothes

simplykersh said...

My guess is she is growing too, so stock up on the food because after every sleepy week comes a hungry week!

Aly sun said...

Don't be surprised when extreme crankiness sets in too. If she is in a growth spurt, all the limits seemed to be crossed.

Cooking with Big E said...

I think you all may be right because Grace is trying to eat us out of house and home which is HIGHLY unusual for her. She usually eats like a bird but this morning she ate an entire bowl of oatmeal and two entire bowls of cold cereal for breakfast. She's inhaling food!

I might have to check her stats once she stops eating/sleeping so much and see if she grew some. What an exciting thought for my slow grower!