Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunny Days


Our family has been lapping the recent sunshine up and today was no exception. After Ethan woke up from his afternoon nap we went to the city park for an hour to play, tricycle in tow. At first we just stuck to the playground equipment, Ethan preferring the swings and Grace preferring to climb the "princess tower". Then they moved on to Grace's favorite tree at the park which she likes to pretend is a drive thru window for McDonalds. I swear I don't know where she picks this up! Ok, so maybe we've stopped at McDonalds a time or two. There's no harm in the occasional cheeseburger when I'm out of snacks and everybody is starving and we're in Salem. Anyways, after I ordered all sorts of food from the drive thru tree window Grace decided she wanted to ride her tricycle.

Our driveway is sloped as is the sidewalk in front of our house so the only level place for her to ride her tricycle is in our garage. It works a lot better to bring her tricycle to the playground so she can pedal around on level ground to her heart's content. Today Ethan followed her with me but decided it would be hilarious to chase her. She thought his ideas was pretty funny indeed and it was pretty cute to watch them make a game of it. Grace does a good job pedaling her tricycle on flat ground and I'm sure we'll be hauling her red tricycle with us to the park a lot this summer.

Once we got home we made some pink lemonade and drank it outside in our cool front yard grass. It felt so nice! I'm really going to be dissapointed when the sun and warm breeze disapears. I'm enjoying this fantastic weather way too much!

3 comments:

jackie goddard said...

is grace getting close to a big girl bike?

Aly sun said...

This weather is SO perfect. I love it. I too will be sad when it gets cold again, which I am sure it will.

Lindsay said...

The weather has been so fantastic! I love Grace's trike! I laughed about the McDonalds drive-thru play....when Will was younger we would do that sort of thing on our front porch...only it was a Dutch Bros. drive-thru and he always ordered a "kicker". It was a little eye opening for me to realize just how often I got a coffee! :)