Monday, April 6, 2009

Cherry Blossom Photos 2009


By some miracle I managed to get the kids dressed and in Salem with parking 10 feet away from the capital mall this morning at 9am. I was hoping that the morning light would be softer but had no luck. The morning sun was pretty harsh and all the shadows make things even tougher. Oh well, we had a lot of fun for our $.35 in change for the parking meter!

Grace loved it every time the breeze came by and the petals would fall. Ethan loved the water fountains. He was so excited about them and couldn't stop looking at them and pointing to them while talking in excited baby talk. Grace was a little more cautious of the water but she was brave enough to stand next to Ethan.

The first year I got cherry blossom photos I got some really good ones. That was in 2007 when Grace was a toddler. We tried again last year with awful results. The weather did not cooperate one iota. It rained all week and poor Grace about froze to death during the 5 minutes I hastily took pictures of her. I didn't even try to take photos of poor Ethan who was bundled up in the stroller with blankets piled on top of him.

This year I was thrilled to have a few days of sun to choose from. I figured Monday morning would have fewer people to dodge which is why we went today. There were lots of other people out with cameras but we were able to dodge most of them pretty easily. It's such a beautiful day that I'm sure it will be pretty crowded this afternoon!

2008 Freeze Fest with Mighty Wind:

2007 Gorgeous and Sunny!

0 comments: