Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Photo Assignment: In the City


Apparently the folks at the Digital Photography School don't realize that not all of us live in huge metropolitan areas because the current assignment is In the City. The assignment is due by tomorrow and I procrastinated so I brought my camera with me to pick up Grace from ballet class this afternoon and got as urban of a shot that I could. Dallas is not exactly a big city so it was a challenge for sure. Thankfully Grace's ballet class is at the Majestic Theater downtown and this building is the one I happened to be parked in front of. Hey, I was trying to do this assignment while keeping two kids out of the street and down the side alleys so don't judge too harshly. When I edited the photo I switched it to black and white which I think helps a little. Still a far cry from the shiny steel and glass photos other people have submitted. Hopefully next week's assignment has to do with soggy grass because that I can find in abundance.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I had no idea Dallas could look so urban.