Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


I hope everyone had a lovely Easter despite the less then lovely Oregon weather. We started the morning off with Easter baskets which the kids delighted in and chowed down candy as fast as their little hands could get it to their mouths. I cheated and recycled some of the candy we got at the party on Friday since I figured we really didn't need more candy then the small packages of Peeps and small chocolate bunnies I bought. Ethan loved his big blue ball and Grace was very excited about her new Barbie Princess movie.

My Mom came down in time to go to church so we were a big group of seven this morning. We got to church early for the Egg Hunt which lasted about two minutes and then we did some Easter crafts before church started. After church we finished getting Easter dinner ready and welcomed a few more guests to the party. David's Uncle Ed and Aunt Diane came from Otis (tiny town outside Lincoln City), my brother came from Salem, and our friends James and Jessi came from Corvallis. Thankfully Ethan napped through all of dinner so I only had to squeeze 11 of us around our table. Our table seats 10 easily so I just put Grace on a corner sitting on the step stool which worked out pretty good.

The food was excellent. We had delicious Ham, Yummy Potatoes (seriously, that's the recipe name!), Mom made Sweet Potato Casserole, Strawberry Jello Salad, Green Salad, Fruit, Deviled Eggs, and Rolls. For dessert we feasted on Coconut Cream Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, and Apple Pie. I'm stuffed and completely satisfied. I'll probably eat another bite of pie before bed though. I can't stay away from my favorite food!

I did take photos today but since those photos are still on the camera and I'm not in the photo editing mood I'll share these photos I took of the kids in their Easter clothes earlier this week. I took advantage of the beautiful sunshine early last week and got some pictures with halfway decent lighting. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

As usual, your kiddos are darling.