Thursday, July 10, 2008

Birthday S'mores



Yesterday was my birthday and we celebrated by having a lovely picnic in the park with our friends Pat and Katie. We picked up some Safeway Deli fried chicken for dinner and the makings for some s'mores and had a good time! It was certainly a nice departure from the usual birthday barbecue. Those of you with summer birthdays know what I'm talking about.



This wasn't Grace's first time eating s'mores and she loved them!





I had quite a few myself, I happen to like roasting marshmallows (toasty brown and gooey on the inside is the way I like them!) so I'm glad David made it happen for me. We had to scavenge some sticks when we got to the park since we don't own any metal ones long enough. Will have to rectify that situation shortly.



4 comments:

Miranda said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday!

Happy Birthday Sweety!

Aly sun said...

Happy Birthday. As you can tell, I have not started the e-birthday cards for the MOPS moms like I had planned. One of these days (but it will be too late for you). Glad you had a good one.

Caldwell Chatter said...

Happy Birthday...I hope David did a good job with making it a special day for you. : } I was thinkin' that we need to come down & see you & your sweet family.

Andrea said...

Mmm! Smores! What a great idea for a summer birthday! Happy (late) birthday!