Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The difference between boys and girls

There's nothing like having a profound discussion with your toddler while sitting on the floor of the hot van nursing the baby. Especially when that profound discussion is about specific anatomy parts and whether or not one can switch genders. At first I thought the conversation was going the typical route where Grace tells me who we know that are girls and who we know that are boys and what particular reproductive organ they happen to have. She's learned the actual names for such parts and has a good grasp on what's what ever since her little brother joined the scene. But this time she told me she might be a boy when she gets big. I simply told her that you're born a boy or girl because that's the way God made us and there's no changing it. I just can't imagine taking that conversation any further with an almost 3 year old! Of course I never realized how often I'd be talking about certain body parts and excretory processes either so I guess it's all par for the course.

And on a lighter note, here's a picture of Grace wearing the new hair clips we found at Safeway that are actually working to hold her bangs out of her eyes while we work on growing them out!

0 comments: