Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ethan's First Red Wagon Ride



Yesterday the kids were growing restless after dinner and I decided that a walk outside would be just the thing to stop the whining. I was right, it certainly did the trick and then some! I hadn't put Ethan in the red wagon yet but I figured now would be a good time to start. He had been a teething monster in the living room so I let him bring the yellow comb he was chewing on and he was quiet the whole way.



I stopped to take a picture of the monumental occasion of Ethan's First Red Wagon Ride (hey, I like taking pictures!) and asked Grace if she'd like to walk and look at the flowers. Of course she wanted to! So she spent a good 30 minutes walking through the empty lots in our neighborhood picking the weeds and calling them beautiful flowers.

To her they were beautiful and really, when you stop to think about it who's the one that decided weeds were ugly in the first place? Some of them really are quite beautiful. Not that I want them in my yard, but I can appreciate them other places.




While taking pictures I thought I'd try to take the comb away from Ethan for a better photo but he wasn't thrilled with that idea AT ALL.



So I handed it back to him and shrugged. I can't help that he's a teething monster and if he finds comfort in chewing on the little yellow comb who am I to insist on a pretty picture?



Once we made it back home I put Grace's treasured flowers into an equally lovely Tiffany's crystal vase. They're currently sitting on our dining room table, a reminder for me to appreciate the beauty in everything. Even cranky teething babies and weeds.

0 comments: