Friday, July 11, 2008

David's Long Day

Last night David went up to Portland with our friend Pat and some other guys for Pat's Bachelor Party. They were supposed to crash at our house early in the morning so I left a light on for them when I went to bed. Ethan woke up to nurse at around 4am and they still weren't home yet and I figured they were having a really grand time and were heading home. At 6am when Ethan woke up and they still weren't here I was starting to get worried. By 8am when I got up for the day (hey the kids slept in so I did too!) I immediately called David to make sure he wasn't dead in a ditch somewhere. Turns out they went by the Cingular store in Salem on the way home and there were already a half dozen people standing in line for the new iPhone so David parked the car and refused to leave. He and Pat played a little Hewlett Packard Monopoly in the back of the car for awhile until a few more people arrived in line and then David got in line. He came totally prepared to stand in line in the early morning cold in his short sleeve shirt and shorts. Yes he's crazy. By 9am he had his new iPhone in his hot little hands but the car battery was dead. A nice lady from the line helped them out and they got a jump to get them home.

Of course once he got home and plugged his prized new phone into the computer to sync it up and get it working he encountered an error message. The same one that all iPhone users were facing. So basically he had a $300 paperweight which made him none too happy. God smiled down on him when he finally got the thing working a little after noon just in time to head to the doctor's for his "procedure". I won't go into what the procedure was but I'm pretty sure most of you know what I'm talking about anyways. Let's just say that the iPhone has been the best pain management for him there could be. He hasn't put it down since he got it and is so engrossed in it he seems to forget he's in pain! Or maybe not since he does want me to exchange his frozen bag of corn every now and again.

So now it's 10pm and he has slept 1 hour in the last 48 hours so I'll be kicking him into bed amazing new iPhone or not!

0 comments: