Friday, July 25, 2008

It's not my day

Guess what I did again today. If you guessed that I locked myself out of the van and had to make a long hot trek with two grumpy kids you would be right. I got up at 6:30am this morning and started working on getting ebay packages ready to ship and had about 20 done and in the car with two dressed/somewhat fed children at 10am. I had to stop and buy more packing tape since I had ran out and a big box for my big lot of baby boy clothes since I don't have a box that will work. After a quick stop at the postal store we ran home to finish packaging the big box and then left for the post office. The post office was a breeze since I had all but four international packages paid for already. After the post office we ran by City Hall to drop off our water bill that was due today. The Dallas Summer Fest had started so some streets were blocked off and there were a lot of cars and people. I wound up parking in the Courthouse parking lot across from City Hall and brought the kids with me to pay the water bill. As I was getting everyone in their car seats to go back home Grace announced she needed to go potty. Since she just got the hang of things last week I've been trying very hard to impress upon her that she can ask me anytime anywhere and I'll find a potty for her. So I lugged everyone back out of the car as quickly as I could to run into the Courthouse lobby's restroom where Grace successfully used the potty! Once we got back to the van I realized that in our haste to get to the potty I had once again locked the keys in the car.

It's supposedly only 70 degrees in Dallas right now but man it felt hotter then that walking home on the hot pavement! Grace cried 90% of the way home and wanted to sit down every ten feet. Ethan didn't make a peep but was a bear to lug uphill while dragging poor Grace. I also made the tragic mistake of wearing my new cute shoes sans socks which gave me a lovely blister on my heel. My hope was to get home and have the neighbor's once again rescue me from my predicament. When we finally got to Heath Street I saw their van go by....and then they slowly backed up and rolled the window down to ask if I had locked myself out of the car again. Was it that obvious? All three of us panting from the heat and Grace having a mini-meltdown probably gave it away. Hopefully they'll be able to help me go get the car in the next hour or so. The one benefit from the ordeal is that Grace actually asked to go take a nap and Ethan fell asleep after nursing so they are both quietly sleeping at the same time. That's a rarity!

And since I obviously didn't make it to Salem this morning I'll be trying to call Kelly's about the fridge situation this afternoon. Wish me luck and pray that tomorrow is a better day.

3 comments:

jackie goddard said...

kellie, i'm sorry! that's no fun...at least grace is rocking and rolling with potty training! maybe it was the elmo book :D

Aly sun said...

When it rains it pours. That ordeal does not sounds fun or easy. You are probably pooped. Dragging 2 kids anywhere really takes it out of you!

Peters Family Farms said...

I saw you walking past the carpet place and thought it was weird that you didn't use a stroller, sorry I should have stopped!!!