Monday, July 28, 2008

Mommy & Grace Went Shopping!!!

I had the opportunity to do some shopping on Saturday since we were up in Portland and my Mom was with me to wrangle the kids while I did some looking. I had birthday money and a gift card to spend and spend it I did on two new pairs of jeans that actually fit me! I'm happy to say that the jeans I bought are the same size I was buying before I had kids. That's right, it took me four years but I'm back to single digit sizes and I'm loving it! I've been picking up pants on the cheap for the past few years since I didn't plan on staying in the "transition" sizes forever (we all know "transition" sizes are not as temporary as we all would hope) and I had a hard time justifying spending much on clothes for myself since they get pooped on, peed on, puked on, and slimed on. This time I bit the bullet and indulged myself in jeans that make me feel good about myself. If you're lucky I'll get David to take a picture of me sporting my jeans...

While at the mall Grace had the opportunity to spend her birthday money from her Great Grandparents. She found a Disney Princess pool towel, a Cinderella, and Little Mermaid figurine which has made her very happy. Here she is with her goodies!


1 comments:

Aly sun said...

Good for you for buying things just for you! And good job getting back to pre-kids sizes. You did it! Mommies need to indulge sometimes. You deserve it.