Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ethan's First Birthday Party


Yesterday afternoon we celebrated Ethan's First Birthday with family and friends and had a lot of fun! The guest of honor took a later then normal nap and thus missed his Birthday Chicken Noodle Soup Lunch but did manage to wake up in time for the chocolate birthday cake.

He wasn't sure what to make of the cake with candles and gave us all a look that seemed to say "What on earth is that and why are you all staring at me?"

After a slow initial start he got the hang of it and fed himself small morsels of chocolate cake and frosting.

I'd say he liked it! We gave him a quick bath to scrub all the chocolate off and then let Grace "help" him open his presents. She was very happy to oblige.

Ethan got a lot of new balls which is his favorite toy so he was a very happy little boy!

He seems to like his new basketball hoop that David and I got for him and seems to understand that basketballs go in hoops. He certainly didn't inherit his love of balls from his mother, I confess to being less then enthused about most sports that involve a ball. But I do happen to like playing ball with Ethan and watching his delighted face as we "toss" the ball back and forth!

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Happy birthday to Ethan! He is so darling. I love the confused look on his face. Why is everyone looking at me?

I am glad you blog and let the rest of us see some of your blessed life. And you take really great pictures.

Caldwell Chatter said...

Happy 1st Birthday Ethan! We can't wait to see you & your sweet family again.