Friday, October 3, 2008

Visitors!

Yesterday our family of four piled into our minivan and made the trek up to the Portland Airport to pick up my inlaws who flew in to visit for the weekend. I really enjoy my inlaws and I'm happy to have them here for Ethan's first birthday celebration on Saturday.
I can't believe Ethan turns one in less then a week, it just doesn't seem possible! We're having a small party for him since we're still pretty worn out from the big Pink Party shin dig we threw for Grace this summer. And I'm certainly not attempting to decorate a birthday cake anytime soon after the disasterous "mushroom" cake that was NOT used for Grace's party. No, this time I'll be buying a nice chocolate cake from Safeway and decorating it with a lovely "one" candle courtesy of the Dollar Store. If I get ambitious I may practice baking and decorating layer cakes so that next year I can make my children beautiful cakes. But don't hold your breath.

0 comments: