Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lazy Saturdays are the Best


Sorry I haven't been blogging much this week. My head feels very foggy this week which I'm pretty sure is due to the cold my children have so graciously shared with me. David and I have finally succumbed to their sickness and are trying to lay low to recuperate. Of course we were invited to a pumpkin patch visit with our church's parenting group this morning so I managed to get the kids and I dressed and in Perrydale by 10am. Grace LOVES pumpkins so she had a fun time helping me pick out one to bring home. The pumpkin patch owners graciously let us choose our pumpkins free of charge but asked that we take the larger ones and leave the small ones for the school children. So I directed Grace towards the big pumpkins and she sat on a few before we found a nice round one to put in the wheelbarrow and haul to the car.

I put both kids in the wheelbarrow for a ride with our pumpkin which Grace through was really fun and Ethan seemed nervous about. After picking our pumpkins we spent a little bit of time letting the kids play at the Perrydale school's playground. The playground has pea sized gravel as a surface and scattered buckets and shovels which naturally led to the kids playing with rocks. Ethan only tried to eat them a couple of times and Grace remembered to tell me she needed to use the potty in time for us to hunt one down so all in all it was a good time.

Once we got home and had lunch Grace helped me to make a batch of molasses cookies. Grace is a great helper but whenever she helps me measure ingredients it always requires extra clean up. Today was no exception as she dumped a ton of flour on the dining table and floor. She also managed to get cinnamin everywhere even though the recipe only called for 3/4 tsp. Not sure how that happened!

Her favorite part of helping me make the cookies was licking the beater from the mixer. She took great joy in licking it clean! The cookies didn't turn out all that great in my opinion but they're sure disappearing in a hurry so I guess they did the trick.

2 comments:

jackie goddard said...

wow! that picture of grace licking the beaters is CLASSIC!
this morning on the phone she was chatting sam and i up about the pumpkin patch, so she must really love it.
she said she's going to be cinderella, are you making her costume or did you find one?
feel better!

Aly sun said...

You take such nice pictures. I love pumpkin patch pictures... and little ones licking batter pictures too. My girl is such a "helper" too. I try to remember that I will miss these days as I am cleaning flour off the flour.

Hope you are feeling better soon.