Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Yard Tour


I am enjoying the unseasonably nice weather we're having today, the warm sunshine feels wonderful! I brought the kids outside to play with balls and sidewalk chalk and snuck out my camera to do some fall foliage photography. Not that our yard offers tons of options for such things, but I was inspired to try.

I do love our hydrangeas, they produce beautiful flowers that change colors through the season and last a long time. The flowers also dry really well which is another bonus for those of us who can think of endless possibilities on things to do with dried flowers. The deer have totally feasted on the backyard hydrangeas, especially this poor little plant in the back corner of the yard. I'm surprised it's still alive at all!

This is our last blue flower on any of the hydrangea plants, most of them are a pretty mauve or pink color by now.

While I was taking pictures of hydrangeas the kids were getting chalk dust all over themselves. Ethan attempted to do a little drawing himself which was a first. He only tried to eat a piece once and must have decided it tasted bad since after that he mostly wanted to pick the pieces up and throw them.

I just love Ethan's red high top Converse shoes. I'm going to cry buckets when he outgrows them!

1 comments:

simplykersh said...

Good job on the apple sauce, we still have ours to go. Good to know Airlie Hills is a good patch to go to, I think we are going to head there next weekend with my mom and brother.