Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blue Raspberry


We went to two little boy's birthday parties yesterday back to back. First was William's third birthday party and Grace had fun decorating a plastic hard hat and eating grilled cheese. Ethan discovered the play kitchen and banged away on it for most of the party! Just after we all ate our cake and ice cream we had to scoot over to our second birthday party of the day, Bennet's first birthday. Grace was happy to play with her friend Jordan (Bennet's big sister) and Ethan was glued to the Ball Popper until he had a total meltdown. I was expecting the meltdown so I had brought along the mei tai and once I put him in it and bounced around for two minutes he was out like a light. The big activity at Bennet's party was an Elmo pinata and Grace scored all kinds of exciting loot including a blue raspberry ring pop. She wanted to eat it immediately but I told her she had to wait until we got home. Of course she fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up until we were at our church's Parenting Group that evening so the ring pop had to wait.

This morning poor Ethan woke up with a fever and obviously not feeling good which meant that I brought him in to Salem to see the pediatrician while David and Grace went to church. Turns out my intuition was correct and Ethan has an ear infection so we stopped to pick up his antibiotics on the way home. We got home at the same time as David and Grace so we all ate quaesadillas for lunch and Ethan immediately went down for a nap while Grace finally got to enjoy her blue raspberry ring pop.

And enjoy it she did as you may see in these photographs.

Once she was done eating it I couldn't get all the blue off her face and teeth so I have a feeling she'll be blue for awhile. She also got a little blue on her dress which I'm hoping will come out.

She wasn't happy with having to stay in the kitchen to eat her blue treat but I'm awfully glad she did. The last thing I need is blue raspberry on the couch!

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I am sure parents did not invent those kinds of things. Cute pics.

jackie goddard said...

i used to be all about ring pops!