Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

We rang in the New Year with David's grandparents (well, the kids only lasted until 8:30pm!) and celebrated New Years Day by watching football. I'm not exactly a football fan so I finished reading Marley and Me which is an excellent book. New Years always inspires a consideration of New Years Resolutions, or at least a quick look at my goals and whether or not I am meeting them. This year I think I would like to make reading books a higher priority. I've been reading quite a bit this fall/winter and would like to continue that streak. I really love reading and need to make more time for enjoying a good book. My goal is to read one new book a month.

We've recently started looking closer at our budget and I would like to stick with that endeavor, making and keeping our bi-monthly budget. Not a fun goal but one I think is practical nonetheless!

The last goal I have for this year is to spend more quality time with David. That's more of a joint goal, but one that is ultimately very important. With two small children our time together is limited to after their bedtime which is when we're both tired and not at our best. I'd love to figure out ways to get out just the two of us more often or to do more activities together that don't involve a television screen.

So there's my goals. What are yours?

1 comments:

James Furlo said...

1) Buy a duplex
2) Buy a bed
3) Create a new website
4) Grow my home business
5) Become more efficient at HP
6) Patent in '09!

That's enough for this year.