Friday, January 9, 2009

Ethan won the Battle of the Spoon

I've known it was coming for awhile now. The inevitable Battle of the Spoon that all independent thinking toddlers are determined to win at some point. Up until about a week ago Ethan was happy to let me shovel food into his eager little mouth and I was happy to do it. After all, I have a lot better aim and can shovel it in a lot faster.

But Ethan wants to do everything he sees big people do and that happens to include feeding themselves. If he sees the rest of us eating with a spoon by golly we had better hand him one too or we won't hear the end of it.

And so I have relinquished control and have handed the spoon to the little man. He revels in his newfound power and does a fairly decent job of getting food into his mouth and a more then decent job making a mess.

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

My blog roll wasn't showing any updates to your blog. I missed out the last few days.

Watching a baby feed him/herself with a utensil is one of the hardest things for me to do. Mandy hasn't let us feed since she was about 10 months, but I still have days where I need to leave the room. I want control!