Friday, January 30, 2009

Rub a Dub Dub Two Kids in a Tub


Last night I brought the camera in to the bathroom with us for bath time and Grace had a great time hamming it up for me. She's really turned the corner from not wanting to have her picture taken to absolutely loving it. I think having a little brother was the big motivator since she wants me to take her picture any time I'm taking his. It's a great motivator. If I want her to do anything all I really have to do is ask Ethan if he'd like to do it first and she immediately wants to do it too. Works like a charm.

I wanted to play with different angles and practice shooting on manual focus a little bit as well. I took quite a few pictures from low angles, laying on the ground or pretty close to it. I didn't get very many high angles, maybe next time. I'm still not very good at getting the focus right on the manual setting but I think that's something I just need to practice.

I'm also getting better at using Gimp for photo editing, though I miss Photoshop dearly. I finally found how to edit the curves, the unsharp mask, and some other goodies I've been missing dreadfully. I also had fun doing a few sepia versions of some pictures since sometimes the color is distracting. Sometimes I like the color.

Consider this a very small sneak peak into the newly redecorated bathroom. David and I painted the bathroom Tuesday night and I really like the color. Citrus Sage was right on the money. I bought some chocolate towels/rugs but I'm not totally sold on them yet. They're a little too dark, I need a light brown I think. I do like the rug though, super soft and reversible. So handy and so washable. Yes that's the main criteria for a bathroom rug in the kids' bathroom. It must be machine washable.

The ugly white shelf has been donated to Goodwill (yes!!!) but the newly framed artwork has not been hung up yet. David has been working late nights lately but promised to hang it for me today. Once I get it mostly the way I want it I'll take lots of pictures to show you all. Probably more then you'll care to see.

I have a ton more pictures but I'll post most of them on Snapfish. My children's modesty prevents them from being shared to the world. Of course if you visit our house you're very likely to see both kids streaking around the house right before bathtime. Such is life.

6 comments:

Kara said...

The first and last pictures are simply awesome!

Andrea said...

Those pics are amazing! Your bathroom must be much bigger than mine is... I have a very tough time getting Laura's whole head even in the picture because there is so little room in there. Oh well!

I think I would have maybe tried a different angle on the one of Grace lying down... the one angled looking up her nose...

Aly sun said...

Very cute pics. You are right, the manual focus is hard. I think it is worth the practice and effort though because the auto focus doesn't catch exactly what I am aiming for.

Looking forward to the bathroom update pictures.... I love an good makeover. :)

Andrea said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_3&listing_id=20145473

Check out that link... I found it and thought of you! it looks like the dresses you like for Grace... I think I remember you saying you've sewed a bit...

Anonymous said...

These pictures are fantastic. I must have the one of Grace in sepia with her hair in an "updo" that makes her look like a glamour movie star! Can't wait to see your bathroom all finished.

jackie goddard said...

the last photo of ethan is amazing! you are going to have to show me some tricks when i get my camera (hopefully with graduation money!)