Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Hair Raising Experience

Today I did something new and different. I gathered some courage and dyed my hair for the very first time. It's a momentous occasion, one that has the possibility to change my life in so many exciting ways. Or at least I imagine that ladies without mouse brown hair have exciting lives, but then again maybe they too have days they want to tear their hair out despite the color. I bought the hair color on a shopping trip to Walmart with my Mom a week and a half ago and didn't have a good time to attempt the process until this afternoon. I waited until Ethan was napping so at least one child wasn't underfoot during the delicate process. Grace was mesmerized and watched me the entire time asking if I could put soap in her hair too.

The lucky stuff is L'oreal Excellence Creme in Medium Golden Brown. The picture on the box looked relatively like my haircolor only more interesting. My current color of mouse brown needed some help and Medium Golden Brown looked like as good a color as any to try.

Here's the before photo I took as comparison. See, Mouse Brown.

Here's the photo I took during the 30 minute wait. I was a *little* nervous!

And here's the result:


So stylish, yet not as golden as reddish but I'll take what I can get. At least there's a change! My new updated look will continue to evolve as I ordered a new pair of glasses last week and can't wait to get them. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Natalie Whisler said...

I really really like it!

I'm all about the subtle natural looking change.

jackie goddard said...

i am pretty much the master of the at home hair dying, but i haven't done it to myself in years (instead i opt to assist my friends). but it is a fun way to spice up the color! also the deep conditioners they have in the kit are REALLY good!

Jenn said...

It's really cute!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! You forgot to mention that it was YOUR idea to color your hair, not mine. I would hate to be incriminated for influencing you since everyone who knows me knows my hair hasn't been its natural color for years! I'm sorry you got my haircolor in your genes.... Love, Mom

Aly sun said...

I dye my hair all the time and it seems I always pick a color that is really close to what I already have. For some reason it does the trick of boosting my attidtude -- a little change is good. The new color is very nice on you.