Friday, January 16, 2009

How to Post a Comment Tutorial

This is for you, my loyal blog followers who are clueless to how one is supposed to comment on a blog, or who has attempted to comment in the past but had no idea how to do so. Well that won't be a problem anymore! Not with this handy dandy How to Post a Comment Tutorial. So no more excuses, I want to see some comments! I know you are out there, reading along without making your presence known, so here's your chance to show yourself. Make a comment to this post, just don't forget to tell us who you are!

I'm assuming you can find your way to this blog since you're here reading this. If you haven't noticed before there is a space to post comment at the end of each blog post. In tiny print it says who posted, the time, and how many comments there are. Usually you'll see a big fat zero but we're going to change that now aren't we?

First thing you'll want to do is click on the comments. If you scroll over it you'll notice it changes color and highlights.

That should bring you to the Comment Screen. There's a text box for you to write your comment in under "Leave your comment" on the right. I love comments, just remember I am the mother of small children and keep it appropriate (that's what my high school art teacher used to say...). If you don't have a Google/blogger sign in or have no idea what that means then please remember to identify yourself at the end of your comment so I know who you are. Unless you just like to be sneaky like that! If you have a Google/blogger sign in then you click that box and either sign in or make sure you're signed in as the correct person. Sometimes I forget to check and make comments as David. Whoops. If you don't have a Google/blogger sign in or think that what I posted above could have been written in Swahili then click on Anonymous at the bottom. Then you can either preview your comment by clicking on the blue Preview button or submit your comment by clicking on the orange Publish your Comment button.

So now you know how to do it so give it a shot. Post a comment to this post and introduce yourself. Think of it as a get to know you or a Who's Who in David and Kellie's world. I'll be waiting in eager anticipation!

10 comments:

Jacque said...

Excellent tutorial Kellie. I just never post because your photos leave me speechless, or maybe because I might not be able to keep it pg-13 after working with kids all day.

Aly sun said...

Ooh, thanks. I hope this helps get your commentship up. If not.... GIVE-AWAY! GIVE-AWAY! It worked for me!

jackie goddard said...

i love comments too, whether it's facebook or my blog or anything!
props on the tutorial, hopefully that helps!

Kara said...

Okay, okay. I guess I've read long enough that I should comment. I do know HOW to, of course.

My name is Kara Lyons-Pardue. I live in New Jersey and knew David from high school. I saw the link to your blog on his Facebook page and added it to my Google Reader. I like to scout out random friends' blogs to learn more about their lives.

I keep reading because your blog is fun. Also, you seem like such a loving and creative mom, I store away tips for some time in the future when I will be a parent. It doesn't hurt that you take such lovely photos. It's like admiring pics from my flickr.com contacts, but with more story to go along with it.

Thanks, Kellie. I hope it's not creepy, since we've never met.

Unknown said...

Love you sweetie. Keep up the fantastic pics and quips about the daily doings of the Parrys!

Anonymous said...

OK, did you write this entry just for your idiot mother?!? Thanks for the instructions, I'll use this now instead of email...you know how much I enjoy your blog. It's the next best thing to living next door, and David woulnd't be happy about that. Love you guys, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kellie, I love your photos and blog so much. I share the pics with my daughter. She wants your camera!!!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

You did this for your computer dummy MIL, didn't you? I'll give it a whirl. We love your blog, I feel closer to the kids and what you all are up to.
Love you all,
Mom P.

Anonymous said...

Hello Parrys. I have never left a comment either, but I do try to swing by and see what's up in your world every couple of weeks. Kel, you take such great pictures, I am so jealous! All mine always seem fuzzy. ;o) Love to all you and yours, Hi Kim if you see this too! Hope everything is great with you all down there Dallas way.

James Furlo said...

This is a comment.
A comment this is.
Is this a comment?