Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dinner and Dancing



Who says romance goes out the window after kids? I danced and dined alone tonight with the kids since David had a church meeting and we had a lovely time. We turned on some dancing tumes (Grace loves the Kid Stuff Radio selections!) and danced as we made some burrito casserole. Grace really got into it and disappeared into her room only to emerge two seconds later with her pink tutu. She begged me to wear the red one and I reluctantly tried to put it on. You know toddler sized tutus do not fit their Mommies so well, or if they do I don't want to know about it. I got it on above my knees at least and Grace went bananas.



While waiting for dinner to finish baking in the oven Grace decided she wanted to have a picnic on the kitchen floor with Ethan while wearing her Tinkerbell costume. Sounded great to me so she got it all set up and even pointed to the corner of the blanket that Ethan was supposed to sit. Then she wanted cheese and cookies, and grudgingly agreed to a graham cracker instead. All went well until Grace noticed the big wet spots where Ethan had drooled on the blanket and she decided he needed off!



I brought my camera in the bathroom for bath time to practice using it on captive subjects. Got a few good shots! All in all, we had a nice evening but I have to say I missed my sweetie!

0 comments: