Friday, May 30, 2008

Time fo P A R T Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !



Today was the last day of Indoor Park for the semester and we celebrated the beginning of summer by having a luau party. Never mind that it's 60 degrees and overcast outside, everyone still broke out the loud Hawiian shirts and donned plastic flower necklaces in defiance of the unsummer-like weather. Grace and Ethan wore their new Hawaiian outfits courtesy of Grandpa and Grandma and their recent Hawaii trip. The big hit was the turtle that one of the family's brought, and the cupcakes of course!







But the biggest party happened about 15 minutes ago when Grace pooped in the potty for the very first time! I had her wear training pants this morning (had one accident) and switched to a diaper to go to Indoor Park. She switched back to training pants when we got home and crawled into her bed and fell asleep wearing them and I wasn't about to wake her up to change her. Well she had an accident which woke her up and I put her right back on the potty. She wanted a magazine to read and I went back to the living room with Ethan and she came out and told me she pooped in the potty. I went to check and she was right! She got two stickers to put on her potty sticker sheet I taped on the bathroom wall this morning and we called up Daddy and Grandma and then she wanted to call Grandpa too. So needless to say she's wearing training pants this afternoon and we'll hope for some more successes!

And a rare Grace sleeping picture I snapped after I found her asleep in her bed!

0 comments: