Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pictures at last!

You can all thank your lucky stars that I figured out how to get the photos off the new camera (wasn't too hard to figure out once my headache was gone!). So without further ado I present the promised rock and grass pics. Super exciting, but I promise it gets better if you keep reading.

Here is David's green grass. He's very proud of it. He's so proud of it I had to take a picture of it and share it with you all.



These are the rocks on the side of our house that supposedly help drain the swamp we have thanks to the hill we're on. Aren't they pretty? Grace has been obsessed with them off and on since we've moved here.



And speaking of Grace, here's a great pic David took of her while he was playing around with the new camera!



And now the real fun begins. This morning I went to the bathroom. By myself. I discovered what a huge mistake that was as soon as I heard Grace giggling with glee in the living room. I found her dumping the contents of the box of baby rice cereal on top of Ethan's head! I immediately put her into time out (while keeping a straight face because it was really a funny site!) and then grabbed the camera and took these pics. Notice I didn't take the pictures first, I figured if she saw how amused I was she might try the stunt again and I don't relish cleaning rice cereal from the carpet! By the way, Ethan was fine after a quick bath to get all the rice cereal out of his hair. He thought it was just as hilarious as Grace did until he was dumped into the tub!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What are the settings you used indoors there for the cereal pics? They look great. You didn't get a speedlite, did you? Maybe you just have a lot more natural light in your house that I have in mine... I have an aweful time getting a good picture inside unless I use my speedlite.

Cooking with Big E said...

I didn't use the flash at all. The camera was set to the P "auto" mode and the aperture was at f/4.0 and shutter speed was slow at 1/8 seconds. ISO speed was 400. I did some tinkering in Photoshop though, as I do on almost all of my pictures.

I have a hard time getting decent indoor pics as well. I have much better luck outside!