Thursday, May 15, 2008

Perfect Park Day



It's a beautiful 88 degree day today in Dallas, Oregon and I spent an hour this afternoon at the park with the kids. Before you go on and start getting jealous of my ability to spend time in such pleasurable pursuits remember that the life of a stay at home Mom is not all fun and games. No sirreee.... I paid my dues this morning by cleaning up two Zoe diarrhea messes. That's right, two. If you notice a cute chocolate cocker spaniel being sold on Ebay you'll know why.



Back to the happier park topic....

I put Ethan in the baby swing today for the first time and he rather liked it. He didn't get giddy with excitement or anything, but the gentle swinging motion seemed to make him happy. Grace on the other hand went wild and was very enthusiastic about her swinging. That girl likes to swing! She also decided she liked to go down the small slide once I removed the icky bug in her way. She went down the slide over and over but wouldn't try any of the other ones. I spent most of the time sitting on a blanket in the shade with Ethan watching Grace have fun. She found a nice older lady that she had a long conversation with about trees. Thankfully the nice lady liked children and seemed to enjoy talking about leaves.



On the way home we stopped at the Post Office to mail off a package for David and to pick up some $.01 stamps so I could use up my supply of $.41 stamps now that the rates have changed. Grace put on a song and dance routine for the entire line and was the hit of the Post Office. She told everyone about princesses, Disney movies, envelopes, flowers, and her favorite color pink. One of the ladies that watches her at MOPS was there and she said Grace was never shy there either. Yes I think I have a social butterfly on my hands. She sure loves a captive audience!

Speaking of Grace being a social butterfly, she has been invited to yet another 3 year old birthday party! This one is for this Saturday and will feature messy crafts which promises to be fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story of Grace in the post office line reminds me of the time I took my kids (2 and 4 at the time) up an elevator in Singapore. My two year old (blond hair, blue eyes) was singing Chinese nursery rhymes in the back of the elevator the whole way up! Only when the elevator cleared out some, and people noticed he wasn't Asian, did he become the "hit" and not the nuisance!

Great blog, Kellie, and I love the pictures incorporated in it.