Monday, May 12, 2008

The Long Walk Home

I don't know about anyone else but I have had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to lock my keys in the car one of these days. It's one of those things that I've just known was going to happen to me sooner or later. And I was right.

This morning I brought the kids to Indoor Park and we had a lovely time. Before we headed out the door to go to the van I started fishing around in my diaper bag for my keys and couldn't find them. I had a feeling I should go out and look in the van and that's when I saw them. Not only were my keys locked in the van, they were locked in the van INSIDE THE IGNITION. That's right. You heard me. At that point I looked down at Grace and said as brightly as I could, "We get to walk home today!"

Now luckily for me Grace thought walking home was a fine idea and it didn't take long before I started to enjoy myself despite the circumstances. It wasn't raining and the sun was shining which was a good omen. We saw lots of pretty flowers and stopped often so Grace could put rocks and flower petals in her pockets. We even got to look over the bridge to see the creek which I've never even noticed when driving.

I highly recommend that everyone have as wonderful neighbors as we have. They saved me from making the return trip by having their preteen daughter watch Ethan and Grace (who was napping) while they drove me to the car with spare key in hand. I think I may owe them some cookies :)


Oh, and what I was going to originally blog about today before events turned out otherwise...

Grace had her very first taste of soda pop last night! My Mothers Day treat was a Coke Float and we let Grace have one too. She ate all the ice cream and only drank a little of the liquid, but she had enough to decide it was quite delicious. I hope she enjoyed it because it will be a long while before I relent and let her have some again!

0 comments: