Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hallelujia!


Today my "little" (he's 6'4") brother graduated with his Masters of Arts in Teaching from Willamette. I'm so proud of him and it's been pretty awesome to see just how far he's come. He's worked hard and done a lot of growing up to get here and I wish him all the best and hope he finds a great history teaching gig soon. He'll be a great teacher!

We got to Willamette University early this morning to snap a few pictures before campus got too busy and got too sunny. After 20 minutes of photos we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. The food was heavenly. I'm not ashamed to admit I went through the food line twice and ate two Lemon Meyer Cream Puffs. I'm pretty sure that if heaven has a taste it would taste like those Lemon Meyer Cream Puffs.

The College of Education put on a nice graduation ceremony and both kids made it through the entire hour long ceremony with only a few spilled Trix. A miracle indeed. Thankfully the folks behind us didn't mind Ethan peeping back at them and quacking. The book I brought for him to read was a picture book and he loves to make the quacking sound for the duck picture. The speaker was pretty entertaining and watching Brian get hooded was pretty cool. After graduation we had our friends Kay and Anna over and we had a lovely meal prepared by my Mom and played Rock Band and In the Movies. A good time was had by all.

This is Brian's "I'm so glad I'm finally done with school!" pose. Never mind that he still has to student teach through the middle of June. Kind of anti-climatic!

0 comments: