Saturday, May 9, 2009

Laughter is the best medecine


This week's photo assignment at I Heart Faces is Laughter and the Guest Judge is Pioneer Woman. If you don't know who Pioneer Woman is you must be living under a cyber rock and you need to quickly visit her website at http://thepioneerwoman.com/ before you do anything else. She's fantastically funny, a great cook, and a fantastic photographer. She's my idol.

That said, the idea of her actually looking at my photo has me all aflutter and I'm doing my best to get a decent picture to share for the Laughter theme. Easier said then done since it's tricky to get kids to laugh when you have a camera in your hand. At least it is for me. I seem to have the best luck doing it outside and playing peek a boo or chasing the kids. Playing with a ball does wonders too. They think that's pretty funny and I get some laughing shots. No good belly laughter kinds of shots though, that's just something that can't be staged. At least I don't think so, and believe me I'll keep trying until the contest is due!

Since I have a zillion laughing shots so far I thought I'd share a few with you. I can only submit one and I have a bunch more on the camera from this morning I haven't done anything with yet. Hopefully something in the bunch inspires me. If Pioneer Woman is going to look at my photo you better believe I want to share my best!




As a side note check out the choppers on Ethan! One side of molars are all the way in and the other side is over half way there. He's also getting the two bottom teeth that go on either side of the middle two. With all those teeth coming in I would have thought he'd be a grumpy boy but really hasn't. I really hope his sunny nature continues as he gets older!

0 comments: